RYPEN aims to provide young people with the following:
- Opportunity to develop their potential and self-esteem
- Experiences that will assist them to form their own values and moral standards
- Broaden cultural, social and academic horizons
RYPEN encourages young people to explore their ideas of problem solving in team and group activities.
RYPEN is about building young people’s confidence and developing their skills to cope in a wide range of situations.
WHO IS RYPEN FOR?
If you know someone who is 14-17 years of age who is:
- Wanting an opportunity to develop and challenge themselves
- Looking to develop their self-esteem and confidence
- Interested in developing skills including leadership, teamwork, communication, goal setting and problem solving
- Wanting to build a network of young people and to make new friends
- Excited for a weekend of fun
Year 10 or 11 students who have leadership potential and other positive personal attributes, who are community-minded and actively involved in the community or who demonstrate the potential for involvement in community programs. It is considered that the camp would be both a reward and recognition for their efforts.
Those selected must be prepared to follow the code of behaviour for the weekend i.e. based on courtesy, commonsense and cooperation, so that everyone receives the maximum benefit.
This is a non-smoking event.