We are committed to ensuring Port School remains safe for students, staff and families as we continue to live with COVID-19.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms is strongly encouraged to stay home if they’re unwell, and until symptoms have resolved..
- Masks are not a requirement on public and passenger transport, including school buses and vehicles. Staff and students can wear a mask at school if they choose to.
- Students, staff and visitors are required to comply with all venue specific requirements, and rules may vary in high-risk settings including private hospitals, aged care and disability care facilities. Each facility can determine their own isolation requirements and these must be adhered to.
STUDENTS ON WORK PLACEMENTS
- Students on work placements must adhere to all requirements of the specific workplace which may include vaccination, isolation and mask-wearing requirements.
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Everyone has a responsibility to protect themselves and others. This is achieved by following good hygiene principles and practices including:
- Staff and students staying home when unwell.
- Mouth and nose being covered when coughing and sneezing, using a flexed elbow or tissue and disposing of tissues appropriately.
- Washing hands regularly for 20 seconds with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub, including prior to meal breaks.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping Port School COVID-19 safe.